Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Year, New Gear - 2011

After reviving my love for backpacking throughout 2010, I decided that I would purchase some new gear at the beginning of the 2011 season to allow me to hit the ground running. 



For the backpack, I purchased a Kelty Coyote backpack.  This backpack is spacious enough for a long trip and has plenty of pockets to store gear in.  For a new backpacking tent, I purchased the Kelty Gunnison 1.1.  This tent is very lightweight but be warned -- it is very small.  There is only enough room in the tent for a sleeping bag and that is it.  It has a large vestibule on the front of it that is plenty large to store a backpack and boots for the night.  I also decided to purchase a very lightweight and yet warm sleeping bag to complete the new gear.  I decided on getting a Coleman Exponent mummy bag that's rated down to 20 degrees.  All of this gear was both exciting to get as well as incredibly lightweight and efficient compared to my old gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment